Having skin tags on various parts of the body is very common especially for adults. These tags are not harmful to your health but can dent your personality and confidence. So many removal techniques for these tags are available, but you need to know about a few natural and safe ways to get rid of them. Here are a few natural ways to remove skin tags without visiting a doctor:
#1 Tee tree oil:
Tee tree essential oil is an excellent oil for numerous health conditions, and there is some evidence of its effectiveness in case of skin tags. Tee tree oil is known as an irritant and can irritate people with sensitive skin. Therefore, it is advised to use it with caution.
How to use tea tree oil:
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball.
- Affix the cotton ball on skin tag(s) and support with a bandage.
- Leave the cotton ball for ten minutes.
- Repeat the method twice or thrice daily for a few weeks.
#2 Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural remedy for the skin thanks to its astringent properties. It is also used in numerous health-related problems especially skin problems. Its similar application as tee tree oil can help you to get rid of skin tags in a few weeks.
#3 Banana peels:
Banana peels are very effective to remove abnormal growth of skin like warts and skin tags due to their acids and enzymes.
What you have to do:
- Take a small-sized banana peel
- Apply the inside part (white side) of the peel on skin tag
- Cover with a soft and clean cloth and keep covered for 20 minutes
- Repeat the process for a few days and get excellent results
#4 Bloodroot herb:
Bloodroot herb is usually found in the United States and Canada and is one of the most effective herbs for skin conditions like moles, warts, and skin tags.
It is even used by naturopaths and herbalists to remove small tumors. It works wonderfully by cutting off the blood circulation to the tags and causing the cell death and eventually cutting them off.
What you need to do:
- Take a handful of fresh bloodroot herb and prepare a fine paste.
- Clean the skin tag with hydrogen peroxide using the cotton plug.
- Apply the paste of bloodroot herb using a separate cotton plug.
- Cover the bloodroot paste with a bandage and leave for a few hours.
- Continue the application of bloodroot paste for a few weeks.
Caution: If you are purchasing bloodroot paste, check that it contains only bloodroot and water. Any additional ingredient can cause an adverse effect.
#5 Manuka honey:
Manuka honey is a type of honey with non-peroxide properties. It is also known for its humectant and antibacterial properties and is one of the best options to heal abnormal skin growth.
It restricts the oxygen supply to skin tag and removes it very quickly. Manuka honey is also a wonderful wound healer and can heal the after-effects of skin tag removal in a few days.
What to do with Manuka honey:
- Simply apply the best quality Manuka honey on the skin tag.
- Cover the skin tag with the bandage for a few hours.
- Keep repeating for a few weeks until the skin tag is removed.
Garlic provides everything with your skin needs. It is used in numerous herbal remedies due to its excellent healing properties. The common natural spice has antiviral, antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial properties and can be a great option to remove skin tags.
How to get the best of garlic:
- Take a handful of fresh peeled garlic cloves and crush them to make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste properly on the affected part, use a clean cotton plug for application to avoid any infection.
- Cover with a cotton cloth or bandage.
- Wash off after a few hours.
- Follow these steps once or twice in a week for five to six weeks.
#7 Ginger for skin tags:
Ginger is packed with a variety of bioactive compounds and known for its wonderful antimicrobial and healing properties. Using ginger for skin tags isn’t only going to remove them; it will also speed up the healing process after removal.
How to remove skin tags using ginger:
- Wash the affected part properly with clean water.
- Pat dry using a soft cotton cloth.
- Take a few pieces of freshly sliced ginger.
- Rub gently on the skin tags for a few minutes.
- Let the extracted juice dry and keep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash off with clean and fresh water and pat dry.
- Repeat it twice a day for a couple of months.
Conclusion:Skin tags are a very common overgrowth of skin. They are not harmful but look ugly and can cause a lack of confidence in some people. These are some very useful, safe as well as very affordable ways to remove skin tags without visiting a doctor. Opt one of these treatments according to your choice and get your natural skin back.